Saturday, June 30, 2007

Looking for People to come to Crossroads in NZ & Oz




Well I just got back to Hong Kong after nearly a month in Australia and NZ speaking on behalf of Crossroads and trying to encourage people to be open to the idea of coming to Hong Kong to serve.
Right now we believe we can use about 40 people across the whole organisation i.e. Crossroads, Global Hand, Like eXperience, and Fair Trade.
We need people with a range of skills from teaching, to IT, Admin Fork lift and just plain Muscle and the opportunity to join this amazing community of committed people.
My trip took me to Auckland, Wellington, Palmerston North and Christchurch in NZ and then Sydney, Newcastle, Wauchope, Port Macquarie, Lauriton, Gold Coast and Brisbane. I had over 30 meetings and met some amazing people. The results are not in my hands, but I am looking forward to seeing some of those people here in HK. Short term or long term!
Next up is Malaysia and Singapore with trips to UK and North America to follow. I am prepared to travel anywhere if it means meeting people with a heart to serve the Nations.
I also got to see some amazing scenery. NZ is a truly beautiful place and without wanting to sound Biased about my homeland Australia is also pretty nice to look at.
I also took a side trip in Newcastle to look at the Pasha Bulker. See video. The ship that was stranded on Nobby's beach during the big storm on Australia's East Coast a few weeks back. It really was just a short wade from the shore

No comments: